Accredited Mediator & Facilitator
Andrew Brayne is a nationally accredited mediator and facilitator and has been practicing in the field of Dispute Resolution for over 24 years.
With a background in government, corporate and private sectors, he has a primary focus on improving individual and group communication skills. Andrew has attained post graduate qualifications in Dispute Resolution and Human Resource Management and has a broad understanding of conflict resolution, with a proven track record in assisting individuals and organisations reach quality outcomes.
Andrew has specialised his practice in:
- Workplace conflict resolution
- Commercial negotiation
- Property Settlement
- Organisational facilitation
- Organisational and change management
- Restorative justice
LLB (Syd), Grad Dip Strategic Studies (UNSW), Grad Cert Family Law Mediation (U Sth Aust)
Tom has been an early pioneer in the ADR field and in the past 20 years has mediated over 2500 matters across Australia. He brings a special skill to the table and is as comfortable in a complex commercial matter with a room full of lawyers as he is in a neighbourhood dispute. He is nationally accredited and is a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. He also has accreditation as a mediator in China, India and PNG.
Some of Tom's relevant Training and Experience is as follows:
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Attorney General's Department and able to issue s60I Certificates under The Family Law Act 1975
- Specialist Mediator, Conciliator, Conflict Coach and Victim-Offender Conference Convenor
- Mediated over 2500 disputes throughout Australia including Workplace, Family Law, multi-million dollar Commercial transactions, Franchise disputes for the National Office of Franchise Mediation Adviser, and multi-party disputes involving remote Indigenous communities
- Conciliated for the Queensland Federal Magistrates Court, the Conflict Resolution Service (ACT), the Queensland Dispute Resolution Branch and Resolve (NT)
- Holds Bachelor of Laws, Graduate Diploma in Strategic Studies and Graduate Certificate in Mediation
- Accredited as a specialist and senior mediator and mentor with LEADR, IAMA, the Queensland Law Society, the Defence Department, Queensland Courts.
- Coach and Trainer in Mediation for LEADR, Bond University, the Department of Defence, the University of Queensland and QUT.
- Sits on the Queensland Law Society ADR Committee and was a former Director of LEADR and President of the NT Mediation Association
- Founder of the Queensland ADR Forum
In September 2013 he received a LEADR excellence award for his contribution to the practice of mediation in Australia.
Lawyer & Mediator
John Campbell is a lawyer and nationally accredited mediator. He has been practising in litigation and dispute resolution for over 15 years.
John has experience in small law firms, a national ‘top-tier’ law firm and as ‘In-House’ Counsel for leading Queensland companies. He has taught at three leading Australian universities, including in the subject mediation. John sits on the Queensland Law Society’s ADR Committee and serves as a panel mediator for several Government departments.
John has been involved in an enormous variety of mediations, from small neighbourhood disputes, to multi-million dollar disputes taking several days to mediate. He boasts an enviable record in terms of the matters he has mediated successfully and is proud to have assisted countless individuals and businesses to resolve what have often been complex disputes.
He can assist with a wide range of disputes, from workplace disputes, commercial disputes, property settlements, estate disputes and much more.
John often makes himself available after hours and on weekends, so as to work as flexibly as possible with those who find themselves in dispute.
John has also been involved with Rotary for many years, including twice being awarded Rotarian of the Year and named a Paul Harris Fellow. He is married with two daughters and his family have hosted over a dozen exchange students in their home.